Since we sit at desks for hours looking at screens, below are some tips to help you stay physically healthy.
- Follow the 20-20-20 rule. Every 20 minutes, look away from your screen. Focus on something 20 feet away for 20 seconds.
- While at your desk, stretch from time to time. You can look up “stretches you can do at your desk” to find suggestions.
- Have good posture while sitting at your computer.
- While taking your break and during lunch, use your time to be active:
- Walk around.
- Walk up and down the stairs.
- Do some stretching exercises.
- Go outside for fresh air, a little sun (vitamin D) and walk around.
- Be active.
- Chat with your co-workers while walking or stretching.
5. Drink lots of water and eat healthy food. These are healthy habits for everyone!
6. Be sure to do aerobic exercise at least three days per week.
Think long-term about your health. Having healthy habits now will help you stay healthy. Your healthy habits today will impact your health in the years to come. Encourage one another to stay active and have healthy habits!